Looking for a rewarding new experience? Want to play a part in Iceland’s funnest festival? You have come to the right place!
Volunteering at Iceland Airwaves 2020 is a great way to discover a whole new side to music festivals. You make new friends, learn new skills, create memories for a lifetime and most of all have a great time doing it!
Volunteers form an integral part of a great festival atmosphere, and we welcome all prospective volunteers to join Iceland Airwaves for 2020.
To volunteer for Iceland Airwaves 2020 you need to:
- Be 18 years old (or over) by the time you arrive to the festival site
- Buy a volunteer deposit ticket*
- Bring your photo ID (passport or driver’s licence)
- Complete all the shifts allocated to you throughout the festival
How it works:
- Step 1: Complete the online application form
- Step 2: The volunteer team reviews your application. Please note we start reviewing applications from the beginning of August (and not before).
- Step 3: (If approved) we send you information regarding the volunteer deposit ticket and how to purchase it
- Step 4: 2-4 weeks prior to the festival we will send out details of your shifts, the Volunteer Handbook and a detailed presentation regarding the Volunteer Program, roles and FAQs.
- Step 6: Iceland Airwaves!
*The Volunteer Deposit Ticket Explained:
- To secure your position you need to buy a Volunteer Deposit Ticket
- When your application has been approved you will be sent a link to be able to buy the ticket
- The deposit ticket is 14.900 ISK and will be fully refunded after the festival, provided that you have fully completed your shifts/obligations.
Please note that Iceland Airwaves does not provide accommodation, insurance, flights or ground transport for volunteers. These are the sole responsibility of the volunteers.
After August, you can drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you once we start reviewing applications.
Hope to see you this November!
– The Iceland Airwaves Volunteer Team.