The Small Print
The Iceland Airwaves Festival Pass (wristband) is valid for all four festival days and grants access to all shows that are part of the festival, subject to venue capacity.
The festival reserves the right to change the line-up of the festival without notice. A change in the line-up will not qualify you for a refund.
All festival passes are non-refundable.
In case tickets are purchased and sold with a profit, Iceland Airwaves can cancel the ticket/s without notice and deny the ticket holder access.
Your ticket must be exchanged for a festival wristband at the media center. You must pick up your wristband in person and show a valid ID when picking it up.
Any promotional use of tickets is prohibited without permission from Iceland Airwaves.
The minimum age for the festival is 18 years. Individual venues might have different age restrictions and reserve the right to deny entry to festival guests that are underage.
By purchasing a ticket you agree to be contacted by us by e-mail with ticket information.
Iceland Airwaves reserves the right to refuse admission or eject any guest, without a refund, if their conduct is deemed undesirable for a reason such as abuse, drug use, violence, or sexual harassment.
Festival guests may not take photos for publication in any public media without express permission from the festival. Read more about our photo policy on our press/photo application page.
It is very important to us that we will be able to deliver on all promises made in the VIP package but here is the fine print so that everything is clear.
GENERAL VIP TERMS
– The VIP package is an upgrade, and is only valid in conjunction with the purchase of an Iceland Airwaves ticket.
– You will not get access to the festival without the regular Iceland Airwaves ticket.
-To get your correct wristband you will need to present both your regular Iceland Airwaves ticket voucher and the VIP upgrade voucher.
– You will need to present valid ID with a name matching both the regular ticket AND the VIP upgrade voucher in order to collect your VIP wristband.
– Please note, if the festival is sold out you won’t be able to buy a ticket on site, so please be sure to buy a regular ticket first, and then the VIP upgrade.
SPECIAL VIP FESTIVAL ACCESS TERMS
– Front of line access is ensured at all the official Iceland Airwaves venues where there’s a special VIP lines and/or entrances. However, front of line access (like any other access) is subject to venue not being at full capacity.
– The details of the VIP lounge will be confirmed closer to the festival.
– We will confirm which venues will carry VIP areas closer to the festival, but broadly speaking they’ll be in the larger venues, not the smaller ones. While efforts will be made to accomodate all VIP guests, access is again subject to area capacity.
VIP GOODIES CALORE TERMS
– You will be given a voucher for the Iceland Airwaves t-shirt so you can choose your correct size.
– Details of Sóley Organics skincare products will be confirmed closer to festival.
EXCLUSIVE VIP DISCOUNTS TERMS
– The 20% discounts off drinks at official Iceland Airwaves venues is valid on festival days (Nov 7-10) during Airwaves programming.
– 20% discounts of food at participating venues will be valid during opening hours of those venues on all festival days (Nov 7-10) .
– Official Iceland Airwaves merchandise will be sold at selected official venues, (mainly the bigger venues). The list will be confirmed closer to festival.
– VIP holders will be able to book Whale Watching and Northern Lights tours online with Special Tours ahead of the festival. We will send all VIPs a discount code to use online ahead of the festival dates.
– VIP holders will be able to book the Hertz cars online with a 20% discount ahead of the festival. We will send all VIPs a discount code to use online ahead of the festival.
– 20% discount off the Omnom Chocolate Factory Tour is valid on festival days (Nov 7-10). We will send a code to VIP holders so they can book ahead online, but it will also be possible to book on site, subject to availability.
– 20% discount to Whales of Iceland is valid on festival days (Nov 7-10).
– 25% off entrance to Reykjavík Art Museum is valid on festival days (Nov 7-10).
– 25% off all goods at the Cintamani Store in downtown Reykjavík is valid on festival days (Nov 7-10).
The initial amount of VIP passes on sale is limited to 300.